GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that my 08 leans about 5-10 degrees to the right when on the center stand. I don't recall it doing it before and everything seems to be straight and tight. Anyone have the same issue? Is this normal?

·
Registered
902 Posts
I've noticed that my 08 leans about 5-10 degrees to the right when on the center stand. I don't recall it doing it before and everything seems to be straight and tight. Anyone have the same issue? Is this normal?
MAYBee it not the center stand that 5-10degrees off level,huh:lol: just ribbing you.MY aftermarket 1''lower one is about 4-6 off to the left of bike.

·
Registered
16,974 Posts
Mine is plumb, but lots of folks note a bit of lean when on level floor.

prs

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yep, most do lean a little to the right...:roll:

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Same here - have found that all the ones I have come across lean to the right.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sitting on the center stand in the garage (which is level side to side but does pitch down towards the door slightly for drainage) the bike does lean to the right noticeably.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
You must have gotten one of the conservative wings. In San Francisco they all lean to the left.:joke:

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
When the Wing is on the center stand it's effectively only resting on two points with regard to left and right so it would not take much drift on a floor to throw it off. Even something nearly imperceptible to the human eye would do it. By the way, Wizard, that is a great bike you have there. I would say it's dead level perfect color too.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I use a 5/16 pad on the right side of my stand made up of leather and rubber to get the bike near level.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guess I should be thankful that it's not a "left leaner."

·
Registered
894 Posts
On this side of the ecuador they lean to the right, and south of the ecuador they lean to the left, much the same as the water in their toilets which flush's in the opposite direction to ours. ;)

Roger

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Now we have to move the thread to the Hate Box where the republicans can tell you that your not right!

Yep! mine has the mean lean to the right, too. And I'm a Democrat!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Mine has never fallen over. I will worry about it if it ever does. I think the factory welding jig was off a bit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts