GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What ever happened to the idea of marketing a centerstand mudflap to keep nails, bolts and other detritus away from the rear tire? Someone here made one. I thought someone else was going to follow up with a marketable copy. Any takers? Any progress?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
That is a great idea, never heard anything about it.
I'll be watching.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I looked into this for my wing and didn't turn up any way to do it in garage. So I mount flap on belly pan just behind front section.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Hummm giving me ideas!...lol

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Has anyone had a rear tire flat after installing one of these mud flaps?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Quite a few yrs. ago their was a company that sold such a device but if memory serves me right (ain't that a joke) I believe it was rigid made from aluminum and wasn't a big success. :shrug:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Pray it doesn't fall off under the rear tire in a turn. Better mount it good.
It's got multiple attachment points, so the odds of it suddenly falling off in the middle of a turn are pretty slim if one does any type of pre-trip inspection. Also it's made of rubber, so I can't imagine there be a dangerous traction issue if for some reason it suddenly let go.

I'm actually now on my second one, since the first one got pretty beat up, which to me means it's doing its job. No rear flats or punctures of any kind since my original installation. YMMV ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts