GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are holding the Second Annual Central Coast Fall Wing Fling here in the San Luis Obispo area. This ride was started by DC in Ca but he has moved from the area. So far we have about 25 riders. Sorry no one was notified on this board but we will be holding the Second Annual Central Coast Spring Wing Fling in the Spring. This years Fall ride is going to be a 250 mile ride Through some of the most beautiful scenery on the Central Coast of Calif. Including lunch in Big Sur.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I grew up in Morro Bay so I am interested in joining your ride. I now live in Ridgecrest, CA but adding another 200 miles is no big deal. Hopefully it will be on a Saturday since I have been taking most every Friday off on vacation. Sounds like the weather is cooperating this fall. This weekend the wife and I are riding up to Ft. Bragg and maybe over to Susanville before coming home.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Fall Wing Fling is this weekend. Hence the apology for not getting the info on this board. I will be announcing the Spring Wing Fling in January or February. Sorry for not getting the information on this board in time. :cry: If anyone can make it we are leave from the Travelodge in San Luis Obispo Saturday morning at 0800 sharp. Will return to San Luis Obispo for dinner at the Quarter Deck at 1800.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Mark Rowell said:
I grew up in Morro Bay so I am interested in joining your ride. I now live in Ridgecrest, CA but adding another 200 miles is no big deal. Hopefully it will be on a Saturday since I have been taking most every Friday off on vacation. Sounds like the weather is cooperating this fall. This weekend the wife and I are riding up to Ft. Bragg and maybe over to Susanville before coming home.

Holy Smokes!! Fort Bragg is in North Carolina, Home of the wimpy 82nd Airborne Div, For a little around the block on the weekend, better tell the wife to hold on tight, your doing a 6000 mile bun-burner! :flg:

·
Registered
707 Posts
OH Darn, their is another Ft. Bragg! I figured that Mark would count how many times the SO ask "are we their yet"? The West Ft. Bragg does look like a nice place. And a lot closer to home!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
davidmc -
I have done six IBA rides, a 3 flags, and a 4 corner ride, but I am smart enough not to ask, or even allow, my wife to join me on those rides. While in the Navy I was stationed all up and down the East coast so I am familiar with the area.

Ft. Bragg CA is a super neat coastal town as you might guess from the link that MikeInWA posted. It is big enough to have some things to see and do but not so big as to attract the negative parts of bigger towns. They have the "Skunk railroad", a steam driven train that goes up into the mountains and has old style cars with window you can open, or you can choose to ride in a completely open car to take pictures as it chugs along at a sedate pace. They also have a micro-brewery that specializes in old world beers from former Soviet countries. And just down the street is the chocolate and fudge factory...hummm good! Maybe you might think of a ride out here this winter and enjoy the sights. The weather never get all that bad here in California.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thanks for the Invite, Mark,

Just a joke about pulling one over on the wife. As a former member of the Big Red One and the 101st Abn Div., I had to get in the dig on the 82nd. Just the nature of old soldiers. (pride). I have not had the pleasure of seeing much of the west coast on two wheels, but look foreward to it. I've done some lurking over on Pashnit, and it looks nice. I enjoy planning trips, then trying to work them into a vacation. Hope to see you on the road sometime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts