GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd put a post up about the local bike nights here in the Orlando and surrounding area. there are several on just about every night and many have good food and a chance to with a tee shirt or something.

if there is any interest I'll post some of the locations and times.

I usually attend the tuesday and thursday events. Franks in Ocoee and Porky's in apopka.

please post if your interested

John

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
...if there is any interest I'll post some of the locations and times.
Post a list, for sure..., just like John's list of Lunch Rides. And why not a list of any bike night that folks here in Florida attend.

A really good Bike Night is the Quaker Steak & Lube, in Pinellas Park (Clearwater/St Petes area) every Wednesday night. On a good night they can get 4000-4500 bikes, and the bbq ribs are outstanding.

Thanks for volunteering to maintain this list here... :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Post a list, for sure..., just like John's list of Lunch Rides. And why not a list of any bike night that folks here in Florida attend.

A really good Bike Night is the Quaker Steak & Lube, in Pinellas Park (Clearwater/St Petes area) every Wednesday night. On a good night they can get 4000-4500 bikes, and the bbq ribs are outstanding.

Thanks for volunteering to maintain this list here... :lol::lol::lol:
They get over 4 thousand bikes????

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
They get over 4 thousand bikes????
Yep..., on a good night. I haven't been much this winter, but last year, on two successive weeks they had 4200 and 4500 bikes. And that's not just a guess..., there's a guy at the entrance with a "clicker" and he records every bike going into the parking lot. We usually get there about 6:00pm for dinner, and there's a couple of hundred bikes in the lot. When we come back out after dinner, about and hour and a couple of adult beverages later, there's a couple of thousand, and a steady stream of bikes in and out all night long. Just down the street a couple of miles is the Biff Burger having their Bike Night, and a lot of folks just cruise back and forth between the two.

Now..., having told you all this, I've seen nights where the weather wasn't so nice and there was only a couple of hundred all night. We're going tomorrow night (Wed), so I'll report back on the numbers. ;)

:fullsize:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Just thought I'd put a post up about the local bike nights here in the Orlando and surrounding area.

I usually attend the tuesday and thursday events. Franks in Ocoee and Porky's in apopka.

John
I've heard about Porky's and know its BBQ. What is Franks and where in Ocoee is it???

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard about Porky's and know its BBQ. What is Franks and where in Ocoee is it???
Franks' is a sports bar located at the end of a shopping plaza that sells food on Clarke Rd just south of Silver Star (438), just north of the mall. If you're familiar with the area it used to be called Froggers.

they serve wings, sandwiches and dinner. the bike night is held out is the front parking lot which is bike parking only for the night.

they have a DJ with some give aways also. starts usually around 6:30 and ends about 9:30 every Tuesday.

look forward to seeing you there.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts