GL1800Riders Forums banner

Central Florida Goldwing clubs?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  mnmskydiver 
#1 ·
Hi all

I am still trying to decide on the getting a wing. I have to admit I am almost there. I was wondering if there are any Goldwing clubs in central Florida. I live in Lakeland Florida. I am mainly interested in hooking up with a club instructor so that when I buy my wing I can get some help with handling a big bike like the wing. I have heard of some clubs that have instruction offered to members. But I have not seen anything in my area.

#2 ·
Tr;y GWRRA

You could try GWRRA, they have many chapters here in FL. I've been to a chapter meeting in Lakeland ad they are a great group of people! http://gwrra-regiona.org/~fla/page13.html will get you to a list of chapters in FL. I'm sure there are many members of the Lakeland chapter that will help you get familiar with your bike and GWRRA offers courses that not only should make you a better rider, but decrease your insurance rate, just give Bill Berry a call .. Sue

#3 ·
Go to Champion Honda of Leesburg any Saturday morning (early or you will miss all the donuts) and just see the numerous wings GL1800, GL1500 and Silverwings. You can talk to many different people about there rides and get just about any questions anwsered there too.

Shadow1
Hal

#4 ·
Big-V316 said:
Hi all

I am still trying to decide on the getting a wing. I have to admit I am almost there. I was wondering if there are any Goldwing clubs in central Florida. I live in Lakeland Florida. I am mainly interested in hooking up with a club instructor so that when I buy my wing I can get some help with handling a big bike like the wing. I have heard of some clubs that have instruction offered to members. But I have not seen anything in my area.
There is a riding club which meets in Brandon, FL which is a short ride from Lakeland -- I actually bought my Gold Wing at the Lakeland Fun Bike Center. I was riding a Honda 750 Nighthawk till about 3 weeks ago when I bought the wing. The riding club meets for dinner rides every Thursday night and does various rides on the weekend. Email me and I can get you additional information if you're interested at mnmwing@verizon.net Hope we get to see you soon! :D

#6 ·
Thanks for all help guys. By the way shadow I have taken the MSF course
and Ride Like a Pro. I took the later course on my CBR1100xx what a pain that was. Anyhow thanks again and skydiver an email is on the way.

Big-V316

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.