GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently ride a Road King. Tested the R1200RT and Goldwing last week. When I return from vacation I will be buying the Goldwing...what an awesome bike! I would like to get some feedback on the local dealers here in central TX (Austin, Georgetown, New Braunfels, San Antonio). Thanks in advance.
Ken

·
Registered
958 Posts
Talk to John Woodward at Woods Fun Center. I have had good luck from Woods. The dealer in New Braunfels is also real good. They seem to have more wings in stock. Either dealer should take pretty good care of you.

John

·
Registered
19,462 Posts
why not make an internet deal save 2 grand, pay $250 hop on a plane one way and ride back and spend the$1500 on a couple of helmets, and electronics

that central texas dealer will still be there for warranty service

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
laen said:
why not make an internet deal save 2 grand, pay $250 hop on a plane one way and ride back and spend the$1500 on a couple of helmets, and electronics

that central texas dealer will still be there for warranty service
Well thats just an excellent suggestion! :D

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
I drove 350 miles to Neosho, Missouri for my new '07 Wing and saved over $2,000 on what I would have paid in the DFW area. Neosho Powersports, nice folks, great deal and NO pressure!

·
Registered
296 Posts
BigBird05 said:
I drove 350 miles to Neosho, Missouri for my new '07 Wing and saved over $2,000 on what I would have paid in the DFW area. Neosho Powersports, nice folks, great deal and NO pressure!
While I have never purchased from Neosho Powersports, I have made them my only source for warranty service. I live in Springfield, but will never by choice enter ProCycle. I did purchase from them in 2002, when they were reasonable people to deal with. Now, they only carry Goldwings because Honda says they must. They don't show any desire to deal with the serious touring rider, and certainly don't want to work on his machine.

Fortunately, we have an excellent Goldwing mechanic just down the street from ProCycle, at Gene's Gallery. His name is Bert. He is swamped with work, folks are willing to stand in line for him to care for their Wings.

But this was about Neosho Powersports - again they are good people. Highly recommended! My experience with their service department has also been good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
kenbelt said:
Currently ride a Road King. Tested the R1200RT and Goldwing last week. When I return from vacation I will be buying the Goldwing...what an awesome bike! I would like to get some feedback on the local dealers here in central TX (Austin, Georgetown, New Braunfels, San Antonio). Thanks in advance.
Ken
Check with Georgetown Honda (also known as Extreme Outdoors) on I35 in Georgetown. We have had some business with them and they seem pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I bought my 06 wing in July. I live near Waco and called most of the dealers already mentioned. Everyone I talked to on the phone gave me the MSRP price. I went to the dealer in Waco, made an offer, and they didn't even bother to call back!!! Long story short, call some of the out of state dealers. They will make a better deal. I got mine in Arkansas.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: Proud owner of new '07 Navi. Purchased from Georgetown Honda. Deal was very good and the service dept has a good reputation. Thanks to all for your inputs. Great forum...I have learned alot from all you "old heads" :)

Ken

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got mine from Lunsford Honda in Houston, not as low as some of the internet prices but did come well off MSRP and for me he's local. No pressure and quickly located the bike I wanted. Sales mgr. Jay Phillips 281-447-3476.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Also, can recommend Joe Harrison in San Antonio. Good deal, good people.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Chris, did you try Barry at Cycle Center in Denton? He is the GM there. Bought mine from him $3k off of MSRP. Bought two more bikes from him and he beat everyone else around, even the net pricing. No haggle, called and asked him to fax his best out the door price. H&W in Marshall was close but wouldn't match his price. I've found that getting to the right sales person is the key at some of these places.

I would bet there are dealers in the Austin area that will give you a deal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry for the wrong infor. the dealership's name is H&W in Marshall - HK.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Here's another vote for Barry at Denton Cycle Center. When I purchased my bike, I was fully aware of the super low prices found on line. However, Barry was very pleasant to deal with. He couldn't match the on-line price (in my case) but, he came so close I ditched my plans to purchase the bike then ride cross country to home. Definition of pleasnt: I made an offer and he considered it thoughtfully for a few moments then said, "We can do that." Very nice exchange. He certainly didn't make me feel cheap like a dealer in Waco. Anyhow, he'll give you an out the door price etc over the phone. I went back to him in 05 and bought my wife's 750. I turned my brother onto Barry; he bought two bikes also. BTW I don't work for him or other wise know Barry. (I'm in the airplane business.) I realize Denton is quite a distance from Austin, but maybe worth a phone call.

Good luck, God Bless.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts