GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for first hand knowledge from those who have experience in this area please.

I purchased balances for my 2013 and they deliver later today. I have a new front tire installed about a month ago and it is conventionally balanced with weights. My question regards my rear tire. I have a new CT installed on the rear and it contains 3 oz of balance beads. In an ideal world I’d remove the CT, break the bead, and vacuum out the beads Then I’d install the rear Centramatic balancer. This ain’t a perfect world and that ain’t happening. Has anyone put the balancer on the bike and left the beads? Would the beads fight the balancer?

I’m leaning toward installing the balancers on the front and leaving the rear alone with the CT balanced with beads until I have to replace the tire and put the balancer on the rear at that time. Anybody out there Have experience in this area.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I think they would work fine together but why bother? The beads and the Centramatics do the same job. I'd leave the rear Centramatic off until the next tire change. (y)

I have Centramatics on mine and I think they are great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts