GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all the comments and reviews for the Centramatic balancers I ordered a set this afternoon. Question, For those who have installed them, is there any hidden problems, or is it pretty much a straight forward process? I didn't see anything on the "How-To" forum.

Much Thanks !

·
Registered
183 Posts
Pretty straight forward. Make sure you get the back one on facing the correct direction. Fronts go on easy also. Should not have any problems!

Bob

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
You may have a minor rubbing problem on the front with I think it was the left balancer rubbing on the caliper. Mane sure you get the line on the axle lined up properly!:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
Comes with instructions. Takes under an hour

·
Vendor
18,113 Posts
Real straight forward. Pay attention to remounting the tire/whl assembly so that LF rotor does not rub the caliper by following the instructions in the Service Manual. It is best to have a 1/4 torque wrench for the rotor bolts. Inspite of the Honda Service Manual saying that the rotor bolts need replacing, most don't so don't worry about that. Have Honda green for the abs ring if so equiped and red Loc-Tight on hand. They are a nice product providing an on-going dynamic balance through the life of the tire. They greatly extend tire life and provide a smoother ride reducing cupping. If you do have abs, you will need a 6 sided star socket and the torque on those is 5.8 lbs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks !

This is what I needed to know, Appreciate the info, Thank You !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts