GL1800Riders Forums banner

centramatic mounting.

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  bcnu53 
#1 ·
I bought a front pair of centramatics from a wreck and have no info included. Are there any tips/tricks to the install? Other than oil and beads to the inside it looks pretty simple. Thanks

#2 ·
Some will replace the rotor bolts. If you don't, be sure to use lock tight when reinstalling.

Reactions: Tex-Ed
#3 ·
front pair? I just yesterday started looking at these for my 2018. I have never had a set and so am learning as I go. It was my understanding that it was one (1) for the front wheel and one (1) for the rear. from what I can read and understand you have to remove the rotor and mother honda says to replace the rotor bolts but it seems most people reuse the bolts and use blue loctite and they torque the bolts 15lbs I think but you had better check. if and when I make the plunge I see no reason to replace the bolts. I am in the process of reading and learning about them and so far they look like a good deal. looks like 2 for my bike will be about 173.00 plus shipping. open for thoughts.
if you go to their web site they have a video of install on a wing

http://www.centramatic.com/wheel-balancer.rhtml?modelNumber=MGW100-118

#8 ·
Which part doesnt exactly make sense to you. If I remember correctly you mount both of them under the rotors between the rotor and wheel facing inward and you make sure the weld seams are 180 degrees apart from side to side.

#9 ·
I installed these on mine and you only put one on the front for the 2018 and newer.

#12 ·
The listing on Wing Stuff's page for centramatics shows only two units(one front and one rear) for a 2018 GL-1800. Prior years remain at 3 units.

#13 ·
Maybe Mother has figured out how to get the centre-of-mass to either offset the addition of just one centra-matic on one side...or has engineered the "spokes" to allow exact centering of just one centra-matic?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.