GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just installed the Centramatic Wheel Balancers on my 2018 GW and the initial ride was AWESOME! My wife loves the 2018 suspension because it is smooth. NOW, the ride is even more smooth and the suspension moves a lot less; those two arms below the handlebars don't work as hard and the bike feels like somebody just paved the roads. These balancers allowed the bike to eat up some washboards on a road and make the shifts in uneven pavement less noticeable. Good investment in comfort! An amazing difference in the ride.
-Doug White

·
Vendor
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just installed the Centramatic Wheel Balancers on my 2018 GW and the initial ride was AWESOME! My wife loves the 2018 suspension because it is smooth. NOW, the ride is even more smooth and the suspension moves a lot less; those two arms below the handlebars don't work as hard and the bike feels like somebody just paved the roads. These balancers allowed the bike to eat up some washboards on a road and make the shifts in uneven pavement less noticeable. Good investment in comfort! An amazing difference in the ride.
-Doug White
Thanks for your feedback. Glad you like them so much. We love them too!

·
IronMan
17,459 Posts
Old wings used to take 2 in the front . Now 1 . Bikes new suspension only needs 1 now ? PROBABLY ANSWERED OWN QUESTION. LOL SINGLE SHOCK UP FRONT ! ?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Okay ... I put NEW wheels on my new GL1800 DCT. I swapped from the silver aluminum to the black wheels. I had the mechanic install the new Centramatics, but NOW the bike has a front end shimmy that is very noticeable around 45-55 MPH.

So my question is, should the wheel and tire be balanced BEFORE the Centramatic is installed? I think he just put the Centramatic on the right side of the front wheel and relied on it to completely balance the wheel.

Do I need to have it removed, balance the wheel and tire, and THEN reinstall the Centramatic unit? The shimmy is irritating!

Joe

·
IronMan
17,459 Posts
okay ... I put new wheels on my new gl1800 dct. I swapped from the silver aluminum to the black wheels. I had the mechanic install the new centramatics, but now the bike has a front end shimmy that is very noticeable around 45-55 mph.

So my question is, should the wheel and tire be balanced before the centramatic is installed? I think he just put the centramatic on the right side of the front wheel and relied on it to completely balance the wheel.

Do i need to have it removed, balance the wheel and tire, and then reinstall the centramatic unit? The shimmy is irritating!

Joe

post in tech forum and ask that question . If no one looking at "this add post " will get no response good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts