GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have put centramatics on CT's. Do they work well. Are there other options? Just like to know if it is worth the investment on a car tire?

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
They may be expensive to some, but to me they are worth every cent I spent on them!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I like them too. I put them on when I switch over to a CT. Very smooth.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
I have the Centramatics with the Kumho RF and the ride is sooooooooo smooth! Get both and you'll be twice as happy! :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Got both and they work very well, however, they are a bit of a PITA. The CT has to be in the wheelwell first then you put the Centramatics over the lugs.

Of course, most don't swap wheels as often as I do. :oops: So we're only talking once every year or two. Oh. never mind. ;)

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Got both and they work very well, however, they are a bit of a PITA. The CT has to be in the wheelwell first then you put the Centramatics over the lugs.
Why?:shrug:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts

You have to do the same thing with any rear wheel.I change tire for a couple of guys that have them things,and it's as you described.Wheel in there first then tilt out of the way to reinstall it,then put the wheel on the studs.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

Of course, most don't swap wheels as often as I do. :oops: So we're only talking once every year or two. Oh. never mind. ;)
You have to do the same thing with any rear wheel.I change tire for a couple of guys that have them things,and it's as you described.Wheel in there first then tilt out of the way to reinstall it,then put the wheel on the studs.
Yes sir! That's why I use the post-hole digger method to install my rear wheel!:coffee1::coffee1::coffee1:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts

·
Registered
19,048 Posts
The centramatic system works fine with MT and I can see no reason it would not do the same for a CT on a wing

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I have both the Kumho & Centramatics front & back and they work well. The only concession I have to make is to take the wheel off the lugs then pull the balancer off to be able to get the wheel out as it will not come out (or go back in) with the balancer on the lugs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
According to Geoff, the Centramatics rep, they work great with CT's too.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have the Centramatics rear with a CT. Smooth ride.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Kumho c/t and centramatics installed no problems for me! Just a whole new level of ride "sense", like an added 7th sense. :coffee1:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm about 9000 miles into my Kumho RF and Centramatics I put on in March - works great!! Verrry smoooth!! And given the amount of tread left at this point I expect to get on the order of 20K out of the tire.

Think about it - that wheel/tire is perfectly balanced every hour of every day over its life. Never have to balance a wheel in the future either. This is one mod that begins paying for itself immediately, both in enjoyment of the ride and in life of the components, so sooner is better. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Dynabeads call for an additional ounce with a car tire. If Centramatics are calibrated for a MT how are they able to handle the additional weight of a CT? Is it the additional disbursement of the beads that requires a larger amount or the weight of the tire? I run a 205/55-16 and wonder if Cmatics will fit at all.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Went and checked the maintenance log - I'm actually at 11K miles on the Kumho CT since February. Will probably get 25K. Most of it is 2up pulling trailer. At this rate the Centramatics will quickly pay for themselves.

Good question on the "capacity" of centramatics. Anyone have any insight on that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts