GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I seen a thread on how these are supposed to not make noise when the wheel is rotating, but can not find it. For anyone who has them installed do yours make noise or not ? And if so has anyone had any luck in returning them to get replacements? If replaced will they send them to you first so you don't have to remove the front rotors twice ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine make noise, but I think it is normal. Once you get rolling a few mph the noise goes away.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Mine make noise when slowing down, but only at the last part of the stop 1-2 MPH.
I ask before, and was told it's normal.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I thought I seen a thread on how these are supposed to not make noise when the wheel is rotating, but can not find it. For anyone who has them installed do yours make noise or not ? And if so has anyone had any luck in returning them to get replacements? If replaced will they send them to you first so you don't have to remove the front rotors twice ?

Read post #17 here from the Centramatics owner. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281294

·
Registered
642 Posts
As per Biker John's post. You have molly balls rotating in a stainless tube, a very slight (sand sliding) sound when extremely slow. Functionallity---Priceless!! Even if they sounded like small arms fire at 2 MPH I would still own them!!

Regards,

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I've never noticed mine making noise while riding, having to much fun I guess! But yes if you spin the wheel you will hear some noise!

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
I would not be able to hear them if they did make noise. I have considerable hearing loss. (so the wife says)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Only time I hear mine is when I have the bike on the left and am spinning the wheel to clean it. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I hear mine sometimes at real low speeds but the main time I hear them is when pushing the bike around with the motor off. Seems like it has gotten less the more miles I get on them or I'm getting used to it & just don't notice it anymore.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Only hear them if I have the bike jacked up and rotate the wheel other than that I do not hear them. I was skeptical about them before I installed them but now I swear by them and SEEMS to make it a more stable feel..Ive heard similar stories on the stability . If ever in my area you are welcome to take it for a spin to see for yourself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts