GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 GL1800 and I do not like the amount of brake dust that accumalates on the wheels, espically the rear wheel as it is difficult to clean. I would think that ceramic pads would solve this problem but I am unable to find any. If anybody can help let me know. :?: :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
From Hal's webpage: Carbone Lorraine SBS brake pad kits for the GL1800 and VTX 1800. Includes (2) 2602SBK sintered front pad sets with ceramic coating and (1) 2602RX rear pad set. FREE SHIPPING

That says "SBS" - is it really different than the ones from Denmark? I'd sure like those also, or at least something that has less dust.

Ke

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I have the SBS pads and really like them.

I ordered them a few years ago and they didn't fit (had to run to Hal's in Sunrise and get a quick set of Galfers). The paint around the holes on the sliders was too thick and they wouldn't fit.
I contacted SBS in Denmark and they had an R&D tech talk to me; we worked together for a few days and then they sent me a new set with unpainted backing plates.
They stop great and don't develop any fade; there's less dust too (not that I care about that...).
If you get SBS, make sure that the backing plate is copper colored, not black.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts