GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chama New Mexico is hosting CMA's Western National Rally in June this year. I've not been there before, but from what I can gather on the internet it looks like a beautiful place. The event is at El Meson Lodge Retreat & Conference Center which I can't find much info on. Anyone familiar with El Meson? And in particular, I plan to pull my new tent trailer and courious to camping facilities at this lodge?

Thank you!

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

I don't know about that lodge, but there are many many places to camp in Chama, I used to live on the left end of that road over in Aztec, nm and we would ride to Chama many times a year. They have a narrow gauge railroad that runs out of there north into Colorado, nice ride !!

JMHO :cool:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Chama New Mexico is hosting CMA's Western National Rally in June this year. I've not been there before, but from what I can gather on the internet it looks like a beautiful place. The event is at El Meson Lodge Retreat & Conference Center which I can't find much info on. Anyone familiar with El Meson? And in particular, I plan to pull my new tent trailer and courious to camping facilities at this lodge?

Thank you!
What is CMA? Country Music Association?

·
Registered
792 Posts
My father in law used to go to Chama and work in the train shop every summer, says he not going back that summer, he's 86. As to Chama theres a nice campground on the north end of town, father in law stayed there. If you can't find anything about the lodge and if you would like I'll get the name of the place for you. Just PM me. They have tent and trailer spaces and the rest rooms were the cleanest I've seen. I can't help on the lodge, but just so you don't worry about staying close to the lodge, Chama isn't all that big. :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

He is right, Chama is not that big, But it is a very interesting town, lots of old style restaurants and some new ones also, On the north side of town on the west side of the street is an old bar/restaurant, be sure to go in and check it out. It is the last business heading north out of town.

They have many things going on all summer there, Big fairgrounds gets busy with many different types of get togethers. You won't be bored !!

JMHO :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts