GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They were only about 1/2 worn, but since I already had the new ones I replaced all 4 of them. Holly rides fast and hard so the brakes get a good workout. I wouldn't check them again until the new pads have 50,000 miles on them. That would be a good time to change them out, every 50,000 miles.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's good to hear from a champion owner concerning the pads life usage. Just wondering, did you get the replacement pads from champion, or from an auto parts store. And if from a store, were they from a vw super bettle, or some other car make.

Thank you. Ride safe.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered them from Champion. On the side of the box they say "Made in England, VW". Four pads from Champion for $32. I am not going to worry about trying to find them cheaper. Someone posted that Champion was charging $72 per pair and that would have been highway robbery. When I called that wasn't the case. Holly and I ride fast and hard so I don't see how any Champion trike would need brake pads before 50,000 miles. Unless you rode every day with your foot dragging on the rear brakes.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I know that this is a mute point but thought that I would mention it anyway.

I have seen several post on the break pads for different kits, and where else to find them other than the kit maker.

That is not an option with the Motor Trike, the pads are proprietary, and can only be obtained from them, MT. I can here all of the "OH That Sucks" now. Not so. They have a Lifetime Warranty! If you need pads just call and in a few days they show up at your door. You just cant beat that.

I

·
0 Posts
Bluewing:

Good move my man. I am a strong believer in OEM stuff unless there is good reason to substitute.

Thanks for the info. With only about 12K on my Championn pads, I should be good to go for a while.

Ride safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts