GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the trike talk forum bazooka has pictures of champions new independent suspension. very impressive and looks well built.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I am glad they were finely posted some where, I have them too and have been bitting my tongue to get them up over here. Now I haven't broken my vow of secerctly...;) Someone else beat me to it...:yes1:

Here's some larger pictures. A real nice setup in my opinion and True Independent.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Very interesting indeed. Look forward to reading reports about it. Do we know if it adds any to the overall width of the current Champion kit or what changes have been made to the overall kit design. Looks good.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Very interesting indeed. Look forward to reading reports about it. Do we know if it adds any to the overall width of the current Champion kit or what changes have been made to the overall kit design. Looks good.

Jim,

The body is unchanged :shock: I do like the way a Champion looks in the body too.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Nothing that I could find on the Champion Web site. About independant suspension. :confused:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Nothing that I could find on the Champion Web site. About independant suspension. :confused:
That is true:!:
The pictures weren't supposed to have been posted yet :shock:, and the public announcement is to be sometime in the first week or so of March.

The photos were posted on another forum.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Those are "SPY" photos? :eek:4:

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Looks interesting and well built. My first trike was a Champion and I hated it, but in defense of Champion the installer screwed the pouch and built a crummy trike.... and it left a bad impression to me of Champion...not their fault....now we all stress over and over, Installer, Installer Installer.....makes or brakes the trike, no matter what brand. Didn't know that then, do now!

This new design looks sa-Weet.....:thumbup: I would like to test ride one ( don't tell the wife) :eek:4:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Jim,

The body is unchanged :shock: I do like the way a Champion looks in the body too.

:wrong: ;) Meaning no width change, and no length change :shock:

I know I'm bad!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
:wrong: ;) Meaning no width change, and no length change :shock:

I know I'm bad!!! :twisted:
YOU. . . . bad. . . . . never!!!!!;):eek:4::doorag::joke:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Nice photos, George. Looks like a nice package. Good for Champion.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Sure would like to see one in the flesh so to speak. I too would wonder about the drive shaft alignment. Don't the current kits have inline shafts with an off set in the rear end? Looks like the ID setup is going to be like the old CSC kit before they changed to the gearbox.

Thanks for posting George!

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Sure would like to see one in the flesh so to speak. I too would wonder about the drive shaft alignment. Don't the current kits have inline shafts with an off set in the rear end? Looks like the ID setup is going to be like the old CSC kit before they changed to the gearbox.

Thanks for posting George!

Different manufacturers of IRS equipped trike kits address drive shaft alignment in different ways. For instance, T-S has a long wheelbase/driveshaft which minimizes the angle, CSC now uses an additional gearbox to eliminate all or most of the angle and Hannigan uses an offset differential.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Champion

The pictures show that the final drive/differential is offset to the right, this should minimize driveshaft angle - just MHO......still curious about sway bar (or lack thereof) in pictures....
Charlie

1 - 20 of 64 Posts