GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another post, CSC owners and possibly others are talking about their conversions not having the "truck open" indicator being functional. My Champion conversion came from installer with the indicator functional. My question to other Champion owners is: does it come from the factory "plug and play" or does the installer make special revisions?

Gil

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I don't know about that. All I can tell you is that Holly's trunk open light works just like a bike.

I

·
0 Posts
Ditto Bluewing. The installer should be sure that is functioning. I don't know what is required to hook it up, but I suspect it isn't any big deal, and it is covered in the installation instructions. My guess is that it is a near plug and play procedure.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
139 Posts
After reading this post, I went out to the garage and tested my new Champion. With the trike trunk open, my dash indicator shows both saddlebags to be open. The tour pack open indicator works as before.
Anything else this new Champion triker should be aware of? I got my big yellow school bus home just in time for our first snow and freeze of the year. Just my luck :lol: . Oh yea, mine is an '02 with an '06 kit.
Mike

·
Registered
994 Posts
Lil Daddy said:
On another post, CSC owners and possibly others are talking about their conversions not having the "truck open" indicator being functional. My Champion conversion came from installer with the indicator functional. My question to other Champion owners is: does it come from the factory "plug and play" or does the installer make special revisions?

Gil
It is "plug and play". Champion uses the stock GL1800 "side bags open" switches and wiring. I do know of some Champion installers that disable this. They claim that they had too many returns for adjustment.

As a side note: I installed LEDs lights in my lower trunk. I then took the "bags open" wire and used it to activate a DPDT relay. This relay sends the "bags open" signal to the console and also operates the lights. I also wired an on/off switch just like the aftermarket trunk lights.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is a little off the initial topic; but this new triker needs help from experienced Champion owners. How do I get the rear brakes on a new Champion to respond better? Seems like I have to push the rear brake pedal a long way to get a positive feel in them. Do I just reposition the brake pedal on the splines, or is there a break-in period for the disc breaks? Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Mike, you need to get the air out of the brakes. Go put something heavy on the brake peddle overnight. That will take the air out of the rear brake peddle and shorten up the slack you are feeling. When you have Champion brakes with all the air out of the system you only have about 1/8" free play before they start grabbing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts