GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're heading to Canada in August, heading up thru utah, montana. Is there anything we must see or ride? Thanks

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Depending on time, the various parks in southern Utah, Yellowstone, Beartooth Pass, Little Bighorn NP. Jackson Hole and the Tetons. There are a lot more, but I don't want to write a book. Are you taking 89 north through Utah. It's a good route.

·
Registered
183 Posts
AZ to Glacier NP

Don't know your time restraints, but I'll load you up with material and you decide. Hwy89 to Page to Kanab to Mt Carmel. Visit Zion NP. Back out to Hwy89 and north to UT14. Visit Cedar Breaks. Take UT143 to Panguitch. South a couple mile to pick up UT12, one of the 10 best scenic roads in the U.S. Visit Bryce Canyon NP (1-2 hours). At UT24, head east about 12 miles and enter Capital Reef NP. Take the road south to Capital Gorge: 9 miles. Back out to UT24, west to Hwy50 to I-15. North to Brigham City. Hwy89 to Logan to Bear Lake. Hwy89 to Jackson, WY. Visit Jellystone Park. Exit Hwy20/14 to Cody (Buffalo Bill Museum!). WY296 (Chief Joseph Hwy.) to MT212 (Bear Tooth Pass). One of our Montanites can take over here. I'm hoping to do the Glacier NP trip in June-July, after we depart my wife's 40th H.S. reunion in Aston, ID. Be well.

·
Registered
872 Posts
How far into Canada are you going?
If possible, make sure you ride the Icefields Parkway, between Lake Louise and Jasper.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well we did it, got home safe...5200 miles, north rim/zion/bryce/escalante/yellowstone/cody/chief josepf hwy/bear tooth pass/logan/going to the sun/lolo/hells canyon/vegas/home. the first 10 days we were wet 6 ofem. goodtimes...even with the leaking fork seal..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts