GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been snooping around the forum for quit some time trying to gather as much information to make an informed and educated decision on what touring bike to get. Ever since our kids took the grand kids and moved from Park City to Tucson, the wife and I decided that a touring bike would be a great way to get to Tucson. I decided to join the forum last week after relizing how much knowledge and wisdom you members have! I signed up with the user name IWANNAGW, not knowing how long this journey would take. I am happy to say the we are now the proud owners of a "new" (to us) 2007 Black GW HPNA with 13K miles! We narrowed our search from numerous "touring" bikes down to HD Ultra and GW. We have good friends that are die hard scooter tramps and really pushed the HD, we also have good friends that are Wingers. Given the requirements that we needed for our "trips" to Tuscon, the GW just made the most sense. I want to thank all the forum members that "helped" us make the decison, without your knowledge and wisdom, we could not have done it without you all.:thumbup: Though our HD friends have said we're not "bikers" but still friends, our group on the other side couldn't be happier. So if anyone can tell me how to change our user name, we would like to be known from now on as WEGOTTAGW! I'm sure over the next few months, I will have many questions on how better to "use" our new bike!:lol:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congratulations on the "new" GW. I think you made the right choice. Sure some others will have suggestions on the name change. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Welcome from Utah's Area 51! We'll have to get together for a ride soon!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome, and you have made a good choice. Our kids moved to Champaign, IL back in 2005, and I thought the same thing...how great would it be to visit them by motorcycle. We bought a 2005, and really enjoyed the trip. We have gone every year since, and have visited Yellowstone, Sturgis, Grand Canyon, Utah, Colorado and the list continues. 102K miles so far.

It's hard to take the smile off of your face after you've ridden a Goldwing.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Awesome....sounds like the same bickering I get on my archery website.....trad bows/crossbows and compounds......hell we are all archers......and we are ALL bikers. Just enjoy the ride and the quiet of the GW and ride ahead of them and avoid the thunder ;)

Jer

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
welcome !

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Goldwing !

I'm sure we all have Harley friends who enjoy giving us a hard time..... When they mention the biker thing, I smile, agree and say, " You're right, I'm not a biker, I'm a rider." It's all in good fun....

Enjoy your ride and be safe !

Kurt

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
We have a daughter that lives in Tucson and have made the trip many times

Welcome aboard

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I have both a Goldwing and a couple of Harley's. Can't say how owning one or the other makes someone a "Biker" or conversely how it might exclude anyone. They are both really great manufacturers of two wheel enjoyment! Welcome to the confluence of art and machine whatever you ride!

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
I have been snooping around the forum for quit some time trying to gather as much information to make an informed and educated decision on what touring bike to get. Ever since our kids took the grand kids and moved from Park City to Tucson, the wife and I decided that a touring bike would be a great way to get to Tucson. I decided to join the forum last week after relizing how much knowledge and wisdom you members have! I signed up with the user name IWANNAGW, not knowing how long this journey would take. I am happy to say the we are now the proud owners of a "new" (to us) 2007 Black GW HPNA with 13K miles! We narrowed our search from numerous "touring" bikes down to HD Ultra and GW. We have good friends that are die hard scooter tramps and really pushed the HD, we also have good friends that are Wingers. Given the requirements that we needed for our "trips" to Tuscon, the GW just made the most sense. I want to thank all the forum members that "helped" us make the decison, without your knowledge and wisdom, we could not have done it without you all.:thumbup: Though our HD friends have said we're not "bikers" but still friends, our group on the other side couldn't be happier. So if anyone can tell me how to change our user name, we would like to be known from now on as WEGOTTAGW! I'm sure over the next few months, I will have many questions on how better to "use" our new bike!:lol:
I can appreciate the need to follow the kids grand kids .
congrats on the low miles wing what a great find. The wing will only need tires, oil and brake pads now and then .and of course a couple of riders . Now figure out tour ad ons for your trip. A nice windshield, cb, ipod,hids lights for a start.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I can appreciate the need to follow the kids grand kids .
congrats on the low miles wing what a great find. The wing will only need tires, oil and brake pads now and then .and of course a couple of riders . Now figure out tour ad ons for your trip. A nice windshield, cb, ipod,hids lights for a start.
Forgot it will need a lot of gas too , Think mine has a hole in the tank .

·
Banned
792 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the bike. I too have a Road King sitting next to the Wing, taken the King on many decent road trips. Last November I decided my wife and I needed something a little more comfy with better wind protection and look what I ended up with. Already been to Death Valley and looking forward to our trip up the coast in July. I also have diehard Harley friends but I never considered any of us as bikers, we are just people who like to get in the wind and what ever someone rides it is all good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the welcome's and congrats! Bartman, thanks for the name change:thumbup:. Pooch, we will have to do a ride soon, we frequent St. George quit a bit. Sur48, the guy I bought it from was quit a touring rider, he has already put most the mods on that would be needed for such a trip, He was a owner of a Honda dealership here in UT. I think he got a hold of his Kuryakyn rep and had him ship whatever they had in their catalog at the time. No parade lights, but I'm okay with that:lol:. Can't wait to get on the road now, but we just got 3" of snow last night, so a little longer!:cus: Any suggestions or thread suggestions on intercom/bluetooth would be helpful. Thanks again!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Welcome I'm here in Utah also, just a little southwest from you we have some of the best riding in the West right here in our state :lol:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Welcome to the boards and your new Goldwing.
Who knows, you might be looking to Trike your wing as some of us older riders have done.
Makes your traveling easier!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts