GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed out the brake fluids and clutch fluids on my 2002 Wing today for the first time. The bike has 20,000 miles and has been a candidate for the frame weld recall and the ECM's. Can't praise the GL1800 enough. It's been a great bike and my wife and I can't wait for warmer weather.
The brake fluid was really dirty. It had a yellow tinge to it that was really noticable when compared to the new Fluids. I found lots on sediment in the rear brake reservior located under the right side cover. The reserviors on the handle bars were clean with no seidments.
The procedure is not to difficult. The Honda Service Manual makes it pretty easy.
Ride Safe and Enjoy the Highways in 2004.
:lol: :lol: 8) 8)

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Yep, both of ours are ready to roll.

Did both bike & trike. Just waiting for weather to break & salt to get washed off the roads. Now lets see, that could take 6 more weeks. What scares me is an article in the local paper saying how much salt our county still has on hand. They won't save it for next year so they will be loading the roads with it for the next month. Some times our roads a solid white with salt & salt dust.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Engine oil-Mobile 1 Red Cap, Dif oil-Mobile 1 75-90, brake and clutch, DOT 4,
new air filter, cleaned the breather tube, and added some safety chrome.
Thank God that CA does not use salt.
I CAN'T WAIT :!: :!: :!: :yes: :clap2: :excited:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did the brake fluid for the front and rear. The clutch fluid I didn't do because the manual says to take off the air can, but before you can do that you have to remove the lower cowling. But first you have to take off the center fairing cover (whatever). The last time I did that it took me three weeks to get the crap back on, the right way.
Is there a short cut to changing the clutch fluid?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Whats a Hurricane? :D

I just took off the lower cowl and the evap can. :?:

·
Registered
276 Posts
RCHAWK, a Hurricane is nature's way of cleaning out the trees! :D
It's usually (not always) over in a day, the roads are cleaned in 2 days and we ride again!! At least you dont have to shovel to get out of the driveway!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts