GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You 2018 guys just disregard this post :)

I had 65k miles since I last replaced my bushings and sliders. Way overdue, not a difficult job. I also replaced my seals, they were not leaking, just pm since I was already in there. This will probably be the last time I change Goldwing fork bushings:(

I expect a 2019 sometime in the next year or two. I am having too much fun on my Africa twin.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You 2018 guys just disregard this post :)

I had 65k miles since I last replaced my bushings and sliders. Way overdue, not a difficult job. I also replaced my seals, they were not leaking, just pm since I was already in there. This will probably be the last time I change Goldwing fork bushings:(

I expect a 2019 sometime in the next year or two. I am having too much fun on my Africa twin.

Remote camping...NICE...haven’t done that since I sold the XT600.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
MisterK,
I see you're remote camping. What a kick. May ask, what it your daily routine? That is, is what I'm seeing in the pic a daily thing or, just a weekend getaway? I envy you and that type of free-styling it.
Scott

Reactions: dosxxs and MisterK

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MisterK,

I see you're remote camping. What a kick. May ask, what it your daily routine? That is, is what I'm seeing in the pic a daily thing or, just a weekend getaway? I envy you and that type of free-styling it.

Scott

I try to get out about one night a week.

I like to do this in my hammock with a nice little fire...

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Now that is pure class! Being able to get away from it all on a whim. What a great plan.
Scott

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I do "believe" that there just might be a few of us here on this board that may be a "tad" jealous! :crying::crying::wink2:

Ronnie

·
Vendor
17,829 Posts
With my GW, my most favorite thing to do is to set up a base camp and do "shamrock" tours by day. Yes ... I'm jealous too.

Sorry, but I have to comment on your picture. Some might miss what I see. But one of your sliders has an unusual wear pattern that is transferring into the one bushing. Hopefully the slider got replaced too.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Greg, thanks for the guided pics, yes I replaced everything. Yes, that slider was shot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
17,829 Posts
Hey Greg, thanks for the guided pics, yes I replaced everything. Yes, that slider was shot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good catch :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts