GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cleaned front calipers and put back together...the fronts are fine..the rear pedal stayed soft....

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
Air in front brake line from rear master cylinder. Best suggestion is to bleed all by the sequence listed in book. I would do teh rear bleeders to while I'm at and change out the fluid in the process uless its very fresh. Patience.

prs

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
BenAdkins said:
cleaned front calipers and put back together...the fronts are fine..the rear pedal stayed soft....

Mushy brakes = air in the system. You need to bleed them, and, if you don't already know, like Pigeon said, it has to be done in a specific order.

If you havent seen this site, take a look. About half way down you'll see :: brakepads :: (front brakes), :: rearbrakes ::, and on the next line :: brakefluid :: which shows the bleed sequence.

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon

·
Registered
696 Posts
your back brake and front are together bleed them real good they will be ok

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I didn't realize how badly adjusted my brakes were until I had my tires changes last month. They worked well, and weren't obnoxiously soft, but MAN were they a lot tighter when I got the bike out of the shop..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts