GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my time and it took about 2 1/2 hours from start to clean up.

Thanks again to Fred and his wonderful entertainment DVD's which I watched last night to get ready, I had no problems. Fred, you are the greatest :bow:

It was much easier than I expected and I know that the next time will be even better. Anyone considering doing the air filter job themselves and are a bit scared, get Fred's DVD's and take your time. It is a piece of cake :D

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
t-bear said:
I took my time and it took about 2 1/2 hours from start to clean up.

Thanks again to Fred and his wonderful entertainment DVD's which I watched last night to get ready, I had no problems. Fred, you are the greatest :bow:

It was much easier than I expected and I know that the next time will be even better. Anyone considering doing the air filter job themselves and are a bit scared, get Fred's DVD's and take your time. It is a piece of cake :D
I couldn't agree more, just that self-service alone paid for the videos. Thanks Fred.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hi Dan, aka, t-bear,

The big question is; did the old air cleaner element look dirty? How many miles on your 2005 GL1800?

Two and a half hours to replace an air cleaner, sounds very labor intensive, and that is with Fred's help!! WOW!

Jonar G., the original WHITEFANG

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Bulldog said:
Just don't forget to plug that stupid Radio Antennae plug, back in place...LOL

Bulldog
Oh Sure, NOW he reminds us! :lol: :lol:
I just tore the 07 down for "added attractions".
Now the old 02 seems like it was a lot simpler.
How about...don't forget...
The two big connectors to the radio package
The big connector under the left pocket to the shock panel
The big connector under the right pocket for NAV panel
The cable to the mechanism above the left pocket for heat vents
The cable to the right pocket lock
The left tweeter connector
The right tweeter connector
Oh Yeah! Like dog says... The radio antenna connector
And That's just the shelter! :lol:
Dang... I suppose the airbag model is even worse. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The air filter could have gone longer, but it was dirty. I have about 17,500 miles on the bike in just over a year. Looks like I will do this every year, isn't that what winter is all about :lol:

·
Registered
17,033 Posts
So, for this winter you still get to change your clutch and brake fluid, flush 'n fill coolent, check steering bearing, etc, etc, etc......

Hey; think about next winter; you get to do the valves too! YaHooooooo!

prs

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The brake and clutch fluids will wait till next year and well as flushing out the coolant. The bearings are giving me no problems so if it ain't broke/don't fix it is my philosophy.
I am a bit scared about the valve check next year, but first of all I will worry about that next year. Also it will probably be like the air filter change, easier than I expect it will be. If I do it in the winter, I can at least stop and get on the forum for assistance. There is a good four month period of winter that I have before I will be back on the road. Every time I work on the bike I gain confidence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts