GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put the OEM spoiler on my Candy red and think it looks great. Really think Honda should have installed them at the factory but that's another story. I have also changed out my factory front indicator lenses for smoked ones, added quite a few other "add ons" but was wondering what other 2012 owners have done to theirs? What do you dislike and intend to change? I definitely now want some nicer lenses on the back that are not so RED!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also have a Candy Red level 3 ABS. :thumbup:

I ordered the Spoiler, fog lights and the 12 volt accy socket for the pocket. Have to wait 5 days for it..:cry:

I also ordered the wing rider trunk support system to help with the rubbing of the trunk lid on the trunk opening. Now its a waiting game untill it all gets here so I can install it all...:cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
trhomer's 2012 T3 Updates

8/31/11 - Drove the bike off the lot stock.
On order: Honda fog lights and covers, Honda Spoiler, Honda bag and box liners. Back ordered until 9/15/11.

9/6/11 - Picked up tonight: Baker Built Hand Wings, Kuryakyn Ergo II Dually Highway pegs. Still need to install them.

On the wish list: Passenger Arm Rest w/ Coffee Cup Holder, Luggage Rack, Spare keys, Gas door key, tank scuff pads, trunk cargo net, CB and Antenae, License Plate Frame...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just put the OEM spoiler on my Candy red and think it looks great. Really think Honda should have installed them at the factory but that's another story. I have also changed out my factory front indicator lenses for smoked ones, added quite a few other "add ons" but was wondering what other 2012 owners have done to theirs? What do you dislike and intend to change? I definitely now want some nicer lenses on the back that are not so RED!
All Sounds good so where are the PICTURES PLEASE!:?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I also have the Red Level 3 .... added the spoiler and the smoke turn signals to the front.

The spoiler definitely squares off the trunk to match the bottom rear better.

I am not sure about the smoke signals though. They are not near as bright as the amber stock ones. At different angles they have different levels of brightness, some angles pretty weak. ---- see picture below

Put on highway pegs.

Going to do the radio knob keys for the gas door and center storage door, cig lighter in trunk and left pocket, and set the gps so it operates while underway ..... and that is pretty much it. I want to keep this one simple and clean.

Here is picture of smoke lens .... left is OEM and right is Smoke EDIT - AFTER BLOWING THIS PICTURE UP FROM MY PHONE I THINK I AM GOING TO CHANGE THEM BACK .... MAYBE GET THE CLEAR ONES. ANYONE WANT THESE I'LL SHIP TO YOU FOR $25

·
Registered
78 Posts
Joker how r u going to get the gps to work while driving? I would be interested in that !

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a blue level one.

I've changed the the rear trunk lights to clear lenses, I like them much better than the red. I put on baker hand wings. Waiting on spoiler, and the 12 volt accy socket.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
2012 Red Level 3

Battery Bug voltemter and battery life monitor
Gear indicator
OEM Accessory socket in left pocket
OEM Topcase light
OEM Spoiler
OEM LED foglight
Topcase rack powder coated black to hold rain gear and free up space in saddlebag.
Traxxion suspension, the full monty front and rear.
Bakup backrest.

Left to do:
Muth signal mirrors
Muffler turn down.

Then I'm done. :thumbup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mingo, I am unfamiliar with the gear indicator...could you please elaborate? :?

·
Registered
158 Posts
32 oz. Butler Cup Holder for Passenger
Utopia Backrest
OEM Accessory socket
$3 Vanity mirror in the trunk for the wife

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a blue level one.

I've changed the the rear trunk lights to clear lenses, I like them much better than the red. I put on baker hand wings. Waiting on spoiler, and the 12 volt accy socket.
Yes...I agree that the clear lenses look a lot better than the stock. Have to ask though, where did you order them?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have a level 1 blue..........
billet plate frome
Cb kit
Honda turn down tips ( I was told honda doesn't make them anymore )
I got their last set by honda.
Utopia back rest
chrome fork cover set
rear wing with modulater and running light harness
Have kury switch blade highway pegs
chrome wheels on back order
bushtech hitch on back order

Supposed to pick it up this Sat...........CAN'T WAIT :excited: :eek:4:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey English-Greg

I got the clear trunk lights from Direct Line Parts.

The lights are Big Bike Parts, Part No. 52-736L.

Takes about 30 Minutes to put them in.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey English-Greg

I got the clear trunk lights from Direct Line Parts.

The lights are Big Bike Parts, Part No. 52-736L.

Takes about 30 Minutes to put them in.
The clears look pretty good. The looks of the 2012 are growing on me....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts