GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time,according to Maintenance Schedule,to change the air filter.Question,does the top shelter have to come off?Looks like way too much work,to change a air filter.Any ideas ,other than paying to have it done?Thanks and Happy New Year

·
Registered
97 Posts
In one word? "Yes"

The shelter has to be removed to replace the air filter. Sorry for the bad news. And yes it's a pain but using Fred H.'s DVD's will help.

·
Vendor
22,233 Posts
I have filmed the entire procedure (and much more) on my maintenance videos. This will at least let you see what you are getting into before you start so you can decide if you want to tackle it or not.

It appears intimidating at first, but it really isn't all that bad. It is really just time consuming, but not particularly difficult. There are other things that will also require top shelter removal, so it probably is a good thing to learn how to do, as eventually you will most likely need to do it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Filte

I have a set of Freds videos and I highly recommend them for you guys and girls that like to work on their own bikes.I have been wrenching since I was a boy and I find them helpful.They give you a preview of what you will run into and He is not bashful about mistakes he made and what you will probably avoid because of his videos.The price is well worth the value...Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts