GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for a thread on a step by step of the procedure to follow to change the front and rear brake pads but couldn't find anything.

Anyone able to explain the procedure to do this?

Thank you

PS: It's for a 2005 Goldwing equipped with ABS.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Stu,
If you're not familiar with Fred Harmon's dvd set you ought to look into them. One job done yourself will probably pay for the set. I'm no master mechanic, but I am a do-it-yourselfer. Found the disks easy to follow and in the first week I accomplished three jobs that I would have been somewhat hesitant to tackle without guidance.
OB

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Stu,
If you're not familiar with Fred Harmon's dvd set you ought to look into them. One job done yourself will probably pay for the set. I'm no master mechanic, but I am a do-it-yourselfer. Found the disks easy to follow and in the first week I accomplished three jobs that I would have been somewhat hesitant to tackle without guidance.
OB
OR
Get a honda service manual.
Changing the brake pads is an easy job. All three can be changed in less than an hour. You might need a mirror to assist with the rear pads. No need to remove the saddle bag.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I tried searching for a thread on a step by step of the procedure to follow to change the front and rear brake pads but couldn't find anything.

Anyone able to explain the procedure to do this?

Thank you

PS: It's for a 2005 Goldwing equipped with ABS.
When you compress the caliper's pistons in to allow more room for the thicker new pads you will need to remove some brake fluid from their respective reservoirs. After the new pads are installed and the brake job is finished now is a very good time to change your brake fluids. Why not do the clutch fluid change out as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts