GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I evidently have a burned out bulb in my left mirror. No running light, but turn signal works. 'Don't have the shop manual (this bike never needs anything done to it), but can't see an easy way to get the bulb out. Can you help?

Bartman, I already did a 'search' for "mirror light" but didn't find anything that helped. :shrug:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Oh, it's easy. Go underneath the mirror and take out the screw that's there. Hold the mirror. It could fall out. The screw is what holds it in there.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but...

Bartman,
Thanks, but I have the Baker air wings screwed in there. I have removed the bolt to which the wing is attached, but don't see how to unscrew what that was screwed into.

- - - - -
Disregard... I went back out and wiggled the mirror a bit and it came out. As you said: "Oh, it's easy" (when you know how).

Thanks again Bartman.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
There is nothing else to unscrew. The mirror should just some right out. Gently lift the glass from the bottom and it should just pop right out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is nothing else to unscrew. The mirror should just some right out. Gently lift the glass from the bottom and it should just pop right out.
Yep. You were right!

Thanks much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts