GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the easiest way to change high beams?

Is there a way to do it without taking a lot of stuff off the bike. Maybe thru the pockets or up from underneath the front faring????

Any help would be appreciated!

Mike 8)

·
Registered
268 Posts
No need to remove anything, just reach in throught handle bar opening and do it. You may need to find someone with smaller hands. George

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Handle bar openings won't get you to the high beams. You need to remove the fairing pockets and reach in through them.

Don't forget to put the lock cable back on before putting the right one back in :oops:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a 2004 with a headlight modulator.

Thanks, Mike :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm with Kevbru on going to the dealer :)
When I took off the top shelter & tank to send the rear shock to Traxxion, I took a look at the high beams. Figured I might as weel know exactly where they are if'n I have to change them. HOLY Baby hands Batman :shock:
I don't think I could change 'em with everything off in under an hour :shock:
Now who do I make that check out to????????

·
Registered
652 Posts
Right one is do-able by removing the pocket. Left one is a killer. I was able to do it with the help of a buddy he went through the pocket while I went uo from the front. The dealer said he would swap it for $25 plus the bulb. After changing it it seems like a pretty good price.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
High beam bulb access.

You can go from underneath the faring if you pull the plastic rivet from the bottom for the black plastic piece on the sides. You can actually get more room for a large hand that way than through the removed pockets. Now, the question is, do you have to easy to remove rivet like the ones top center of the lower cowl, or are they the larger, impossible to remove without pushing out the pin from the back side. The 02’s have the smaller ones; the 06’s have the big ones. I would like to know if they make a tool to remove them, because all I ever end up doing is destroying them without actually removing them. If I can get something on the back, I can push it out to remove.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Through the fairing pockets is the way to go, but good luck getting the weather boot back on the left one. There is so much electrical in the way in there, mine is still not fully seated. What a pain is the a$$.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts