GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
How many times did you ride in the rain with soaked gloves. Put a pair of those rubber gloves on put your soaked gloves back on and keep riding with dry hands!!!(y)

·
Registered
163 Posts
How many times did you ride in the rain with soaked gloves. Put a pair of those rubber gloves on put your soaked gloves back on and keep riding with dry hands!!!(y)
Next time I go out to the garage, I'm putting a couple pair of nitrile gloves on the bike! That's a good idea. I keep the HF 9mil heavy duty gloves around for working on vehicles and using chemicals.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
A number of years ago while riding back from DC the end of August, we hit some unseasonably cold weather and then of course it had to rain, got caught with cold wet gloves. Stopped and picked up a pair of Playtex rubber gloves, like you use for washing dishes. Wife looked at me like I was nuts, but the rest of the day my hands were dry and warm. I usually keep those in my saddle bag with my rain gear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's not just the protection from oily stuff that makes gloves worthwhile, although that would be way more than enough reason to use them. I see to get less little cuts, scrapes, burns, and stabs when I have even thin nitrile gloves on.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
A number of years ago while riding back from DC the end of August, we hit some unseasonably cold weather and then of course it had to rain, got caught with cold wet gloves. Stopped and picked up a pair of Playtex rubber gloves, like you use for washing dishes. Wife looked at me like I was nuts, but the rest of the day my hands were dry and warm. I usually keep those in my saddle bag with my rain gear.
I carry a pair of SCUBA wet suit gloves for wet riding, but NIKWAX on my Lee Park gloves seems to do the trick anyway.... I think I've used the SCUBA gloves only once.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I'm a heating/plumbing contractor!
I work on heating/plumbing boilers everyday, I always wear gloves, I also carry paper towels, in my car, and use one everytime I pump gas, you have no idea how dirty those pump handles are, i also never open a door of a restaurant, or any door handle without a napkin, in my hand....

Ronnie

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Have a Doctor friend and he has taken swabs off of the pump handle dispensers at gas stations and had them tested. He said he will not touch those dispensers without having nitrile glove or gloves on. He couldn't believe the tests when they came back and did the tests again and he tells everyone to use them when pumping gas.
Terrific.....I have OCD....I don't think I want to buy gas anymore!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Terrific.....I have OCD....I don't think I want to buy gas anymore!
I keep a small bottle of hand sanitizer in each vehicle. I also keep a pair of deer skin gloves in the door pocket of my truck. I grab the gloves when I get out to fill the tank and use the sanitizer any time I get in after touching any public use item.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I don't wear gloves even when emptying the holding tanks on the RV. However, I generally wash my hands in concentrated sulfuric acid once a day. It makes playing the harp a little difficult until a few layers of skin wear off.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts