·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btt

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Every time that I've replaced the spark plugs on my bikes (3) with oem's, I always try to check the gap and never had to adjust it.

Before you remove your old plugs, blow some compressed air in the cavity to get rid of any foreign debris that might have lodged itself there. Doing so, will prevent any foreign debris from falling inside your engine. Also apply a thin coat of anti-seize compound on the treads of the new plugs before you screw them in.

Mike

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
just changed the plugs today, they have 25 K & are still like new, stock NGK went back in...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Having learned the hard way.... 30 years ago......
With aluminum heads...Always remove sparkplugs from an engine that is COLD! This will help avoid damage to the aluminum sparkplug threads in the head.
Good advice to blow debris away from plugs first, and also anti-seize applied in "just a vary light film" on the sparkplug threads only. Always start the new plugs in the hole with your fingers. Not a tool.:eek:
I have and service quight a few aluminum cylinder heads that are 45 years old and the threads for sparkplugs are near like new!:p

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
The gap for the Honda specified Denso and NGK plugs are the same. .040' or 1mm is about center spec.

prs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts