GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how hard it is to change the rear part of the trunk moulding..is it in 3 pieces ? mine got scratched somehow.. at the very back..

And if anyone has a 2005 Candy Black Cherry rear trunk moulding they would like to sell.. Please let me know I am looking for one...

thanks,

cosmic

·
Registered
768 Posts
Just a couple of screws and some double sided tape. I would probably by the chrome pieces though. Black cherry is a beautiful color and is complimented quite nicely with chrome. You can be take offs on Ebay if that's your pleasure.

Mike
03ilb

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
I was wondering how hard it is to change the rear part of the trunk moulding..is it in 3 pieces ? mine got scratched somehow.. at the very back..

And if anyone has a 2005 Candy Black Cherry rear trunk moulding they would like to sell.. Please let me know I am looking for one...

thanks,

cosmic

6 screws I think and 5 minutes

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Trunk

I want to do the same thing, but the screws that hold the molding don't jump out at me. Any sage advice?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
They are located inside the trunk. Very easy to spot. If I remember right they are acorn nuts. (Not at home now so I can't go look.) :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
The side moldings have to come off first. 2 self tapping screws each side for the side moldings. Then 1 screw each end of the rear molding section and they are off.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,998 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:

thanks,

cosmic
Is the 2005 Candy Black Cherry color the same as the 04 Candy Black Cherry color, if so I have a set of the moldings.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Roadie said:
Is the 2005 Candy Black Cherry color the same as the 04 Candy Black Cherry color, if so I have a set of the moldings.
Yes! It got darker in '06 & '07. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts