GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like any product - once changed the general impression is " I don't like it "
Well I have seen a few new 2012's and I have to say so far I am getting accustom to the restyle and admit they are looking better all the time.
Personally I would change the two tone color to fit my tastes but I really see no deterrent or dislike to the new look.

I really like the Red :thumbup:
And they don't come in yellow so :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'll take that as a compliment :p

I liked it ok from the beginning except the old trunk on the new rear end ... but putting the spoiler on squares off the trunk giving it a little better match.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Storm,
I have to agree with you. I'm starting to like the looks of the 2012 more and more.

I'm not too enthusiastic about the color choices though. I'd rather have a darker color (other than black). But, if the right color comes along in 2013, I may just trade my 2010 for it.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I think the '12's look good too. What I don't like is the cheap looking flat black side engine covers that were chrome on previous models. That flat black looks cheap on a $20k motorcycle. I just think they could have done a lot better. I'm not to hip on the new ones not being produced in Ohio either, but that's a different thread.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Honda is moving away from chrome parts, just like the car manufacturers have done. Very little chrome these days on cars, unlike the '50's '60's and '70's. Chrome is now a dated look.

My BMW only have chrome on the exhaust system. Everything else is painted or powder coated. And, I have no desire to chrome any other part of the bike.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Just like any product - once changed the general impression is " I don't like it "
Well I have seen a few new 2012's and I have to say so far I am getting accustom to the restyle and admit they are looking better all the time.
Personally I would change the two tone color to fit my tastes but I really see no deterrent or dislike to the new look.

I really like the Red :thumbup:
And they don't come in yellow so :thumbup::thumbup:
Where'd you find a 2-tone at???????? All I've seen are 3-tone! Even the black ones are 3 -tone as the blacks don't match!

·
Registered
863 Posts
I still dont like the lower aft section of the bike

that's the part that i do like. It resembles the harleys...that's neither good nor bad, just is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts