GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to Europe. Any one like to comment on experiences with channel ferry or Tunnel crossing? To me it looks like booking in advance saves money? How late can you book online. I am not a planner so the late minute tickets would be my style. I looking at England channel and Irish Sea crossings along with longer crossings.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Take the Chunnel train out of Waterloo station, book it a few days in advance and book first class.....it's worth it, trust me. I don't know which way you're going, ie UK to France or vice versa but it's about 3 hours Waterloo to gar de nord in Paris.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm traveling on a Wing. So I'm looking at Ferry or Train bookings with the WIng...

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
[h=2]Chunnel Crossing by Car or Motorbike[/h]It is not possible to drive a car or motorcycle through the Chunnel. Motorists and motorcyclists must use the car train service, whereby you drive your car or motorbike onto the Euro Shuttle train, which then takes you through the Chunnel. There's no need to get out of your car, and the journey is over in just 35 minutes. Eurotunnel trains operate from the Channel Tunnel terminals at Folkestone and Calais. These trains carry cars, coaches, motorbikes, lorries and bicycles through the Chunnel. Prices start at just £49 for a single trip with a car. If you are taking your car and prefer to take the Chunnel rather than a ferry, then see our booking form here

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
[h=1]Motorcycling on the Continent with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle[/h]Travel from as little as £12 per motorcycle, each way*
[h=3]Motorcycles travel at half the price of a car[/h]Eurotunnel Le Shuttle is the natural choice for a motorcyclist – it is the fastest direct route between the open roads of the UK and the Continent. For your next biking adventure, ride out further and enjoy the freedom and flexibility to go where you want, when you want.

Says it is about 12 pounds for a bike.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts