GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have Question for you that have the fillers in place.. When you turn as far right or Left as the bars go is the filler channel open? I worked for an hour and can't stop this from happening.. The small end is foreward and they are flush up against the housing-- So what is my problem? Why is the channel open when bars are locked.....Help appreciated.. BJ :rw1:

·
Registered
317 Posts
That is what they will do. When the bars move back to center the tunnel fillers will move back in place. Once in don't assume they will stay in place. On occassion they may need a push back up.

·
Registered
979 Posts
:D What Wingman said. :D :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
21,133 Posts
look at it this way....you won't be driving your 1800 far at full lock so it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Are the channel fillers a worthwhile modification? I thought of making a set from some closed cell foam I have around here. They can't be too complicated.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Mine have not moved since the install. They work well. At least 75% of the air thru the tunnel is cut

The air was at 110 mph a couple of times on the speed-O.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Lucky, yes they are definitley a worthwile product. They keep the rain, dirt and wind out of your face. I leave mine in year round. Mine seem to stay in place just fine. I readjust them twice a year when I remove them to wash 'em.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Thanks Ed. I'm a cheap Rat *******, and might try to roll my own. I'm also aware of the success of some of my past projects, and will probably end up buying a set!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts