GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All. I'm to the point that I might want some professional mtc on my '14 F6C this winter. I have a choice of three dealerships in my area: one here in town, one an hour to the south and one an hour to the north. I don't have any experience with any of the three Honda dealerships (and I didn't buy my bike locally) and am simply asking for advice from anyone with first-hand knowledge of any of them, be it good/bad/indifferent. I figure that instead of just going into the local place like a blind, sacrificial lamb, which might not be to my best interests, I'd ask those who'd been there. Thanks in advance for any guidance!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'm a fan of Niehaus Cycle but they are almost 2 hours west of you in Litchfield.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I bought a Polaris slingshot from Owen and was treated well. I have not been back for repairs only because of distance. I take my Goldwing to Lemonds in Fairfield IL. It’s south of you but they have the best shop for any repair around. The mechanic has been there for years and is very sharp on Goldwings. Schedule a repair and make a good ride there and wait for the fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would take it to Niehaus, I doubt that Owens has ever seen a bike like yours.
After a couple of "drive-by"s over the past couple years just to look around inside, I wasn't made to feel overly comfortable. Actually, I felt like chum. They've recently become an Indian dealer, too, and seem to think that's their best bet, Honda aficionados be darned. I have experienced too many dealerships over the years that were either awesome or absolutely terrible. You just get a general, overall feeling on the back of your neck within a very short while looking at bikes and talking to floor help.
Anyway, thanks to all for your responses. Litchfield, isn't but two fun hours away to the west (we have lousy two-lanes in the area), so no worries and have a trailer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts