GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the chat board work or not?? I've never been able to enter it since I joined. I must be missing something. T.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
T.
The chat room works just fine. There's usually a group of us in there every evening. What kind of problems are you having getting in?

Becky

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem I guess is ignorance, I can't seem to enter or don't know how. T.

S

·
0 Posts
T. one thing to look at is if you have a Firewall on your computer. Not the Windows built in firewall but one you installed. I tried to get in one time a while back and my Firewall would block me. I had to adjust the settings and then I could get in.

Tom

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
There are a couple of us in the chat room right now. Come on in and we'll help you get going.

Becky

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I do try a block comes up that says, quote: (keep in mind that I am already logged in at this point) Please note: As soon as you get logged in, change your nicknameby typing: /nick your nickname.This is message is accompanied by an empty block on the screen below it. Terry

·
Registered
824 Posts
You are getting in.... What's it's doing is loading the Java Client.... (sometimes takes a while especially the first time) Let it sit for a few (5 min or so depending on internet connection speed) If it comes up with a Java error then I would go and reinstall Java (download off internet somewhere) eventually you should see several lines in red show up saying "connecting to...."

Then.. the full screen will show up and you will have an anonymous nickname.... Use the /nick nickname command to change you name....

Let us know if you still have trouble...
Melissa

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sassy said:
You are getting in.... What's it's doing is loading the Java Client.... (sometimes takes a while especially the first time) Let it sit for a few (5 min or so depending on internet connection speed) If it comes up with a Java error then I would go and reinstall Java (download off internet somewhere) eventually you should see several lines in red show up saying "connecting to...."

Then.. the full screen will show up and you will have an anonymous nickname.... Use the /nick nickname command to change you name....

Let us know if you still have trouble...
Melissa
Good to know. Txs, I'll try that. Terry

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Can anybody help me?

When I try to connect it sems to work but I get this:
Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.net.SocketException : Software caused connection abort: connect

I have opened all the ports I could find mentioned in chat softwares.

·
Registered
405 Posts
There are some great third party chat clients out there you can try. I use Mirc, and have no problems. I just logg directly onto the chat server using Mirc.

Steve

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
There are several of us in chat right now, Ron. Give it another try, or download mIRC and come in that way, as Brobubba suggested.

Becky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts