GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one used the Chatterbox Headset list on Hal's Site the part number is Part #: CHA-CBDNRFHSB . Claims it has noise reduction?

Will it hook directly to the 1800 Wing and actually work (Mic etc.) correctly.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
My Chatterbox headsets have been working trouble free for 3 years. Yes they plug right in to the 1800.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the Chatterbox Noise Cancelling headsets in both HJC AC3 open face helmets. I do not know if the noise cancelling feature works well because I do not have anything to compare it to. I do know that I hear alot of wind noise coming from the passengers mic, but I feel certain that would be present with any setup you buy. I bought an Intercom PTT switch on eBay and fixed that problem. The Chatterbox ear phone speakers sound tinny when listening to music, but are great for the intercom and CB. I replaced the Chatterbox speakers with Labetc speakers from a $20.00 headset from Wal-Mart. Made a big difference and I love them.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
chatterbox

I'm running air/rider in the front and chatter box in the back, i have not noticed any engine noise with this set up. Before with j&m's and before i installed the cb i was picking up alternator noise etc. The 3 noise suppressors that came with the cb, and changing headsets cured the engine, alternator noises for me. I reccommend air/rider and chatter box.
JD :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
Re: chatterbox

JD said:
I'm running air/rider in the front and chatter box in the back,JD :roll:
JD,

How would you compare the Chatterbox and the AirRiders? Are the latter worth the extra $?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just got my Chatterbox sets from Hal. I have HJC helmets and they have built in pockets for the ear pieces (unexpected surprise-no velcro needed).
I have only tested them in the garage and they seem to work perfectly. There is another thread on this board that talks about some new bluetooth wireless haedsets that are about to hit the market. I will get these if they work!

Ronnie

:yw1:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've tried both the J&M and the Chatterbox. I liked the Chatterbox for the price so I thought I would try them. The Chatterbox work fairly well but I found the audio (music) quality with the J&M's far superior. I notice wind noise with both of them and rate them about equal as far as wind noise. I think I have all the parts to both sets of Chatterbox that I have if your interested let me know.

Steve

·
Registered
104 Posts
Chatterbox will never last like the J&M. Have owned both and the chatterbox worked well enough when it was working but I just never could keep them working. I don't need that kind of torment and aggrivation. John in GA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts