GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on going to Key West but would like to have some place to sleep over for less than those 170 and over prices.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
If you wait until after Easter then the prices fall. All the snowbirds go back then. Until they leave then the prices are going to be high. You might try finding something in the Middle Keys, around Marathon or Big Pine Key as they are a little cheaper, but not much.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I'm planning on going to Key West but would like to have some place to sleep over for less than those 170 and over prices.
Helps to know when you plan on going ??

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn and it was under $100. Not so sure of the time frame I stayed, but I am one with deep pockets and short arms..:joke:

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Ditto on that! I've spent several nights sleeping on the beach at Pensacola State Beach. Of course that was over 30 years ago. Probably illegal now.
When I was there last year, it seemed all the beaches were privately owned by condo's, timeshares, and hotels. Hard to find a rock on a beach to hide behind and sleep now a days on Key West.:?

·
Registered
5 Posts
well you can do like most do

you could just party till you drop then sleap on the beach all day long:wrong:. If that dont work try traveling with someone with a military ID card. The last time i was there the campgrounds and the on base hotel were top rate. Speaking about rates the campground was less that $10 for primative.

rick s
st augustine

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
I walked in to the Hotel Duval and got a room for $100 last week (reg $180). It was a nice room with a curved shower rod.

Be aware that the bars close at 4 AM and the Hotel Duval has a rooster that starts at that time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts