GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks for posting the site! There are a lot of nice styles there. Not that I need the bifocal option yet... ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thank you for posting, just ordered a pair with +2 and shipping for only $15.45. seems to be a good deal:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I have found so many sunglasses that seem fine except for two things: they are too wide and get squeezed by the helmet, or they have thick padded temples that dig into my head and ears when I put the helmet on. Most all seem fine for wearing without the helmet. I had a pair that had thin temples and a fairly narrow frame. They were very comfortable for up to four hours straight (then I'd have to give my ears a rest) but I scratched the lens in them on the BRP last year and now they are useless.

I am trying to find multifocal toric contacts that work for me now, so I won't need the cheaters. I can get by with a strong right contact and weak left for work, typing, computer. Can't use them for real detail, though (like soldering), and I'm afraid of what I hear about them messing with your depth perception for when I ride. It would be great if my optometrist could find a multifocal toric to work. So far with my first trial pair, the right one rotated 90 degrees away from correct position, so I was trying to read through the distance segment and see distance through the reading segment. The left was fairly good, though.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I bought a pair of clear bifocal and 2 sunglass bifocal from them a year ago and they work perfectly and are comfortable for me. Think I paid $9.95 each

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In addition to my orginal post:
I have use sunglasses constantly when outside since I was young. Just got use to them and now dont like to be outside without them on. Walk outside..put sunglasses on. (daytime. sun shining) What a great habit for your eyes. )
I like these cheater glass so well I order 12 pair to get the price break and the free shipping. Now when I scratch a pair. (I seem to do that quiet often) I just toss them and get out a fresh pair. I use the clear cheaters at night . Both are great for reading the dash and the zumo. I am so thankful I can use the 1.5 and have for quiet a while now.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts