GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried getting rid of my wobble I never had till the 3rd set of tires at 24k. Replaced front tire, then rear and still there. Fiqured this ot to do it, sent the forks and shock to Traxxion today and have the all balls in my hands, going in this weekend. Gonna use a grease packer to pack the new bearings, anyone got a preference on the type grease that should be used
John

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Is that a Bud Lite on the Heater?
Hazle

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The manual said remove the right bag and I got the left and right mixed up. When I pulled it off 2 bolts fell out that i hadnt taken loose. Discovered they were 2 of the 3 missing bolts from the trunk hinges a couple years ago i had to replace

·
Registered
130 Posts
Johnny,
Not to be critical, but merely safety-conscious, where are the stabilizing tie-downs and/or jack stands? Have you considered what it would take to return that heavy brute to an upright position with no wheels on it? It probably won't ever happen, but you can't predict all improbable circumstances. If I did that out back under my shade tree, the goat would probably ram it and tip it over.

Seriously, I had mine tip forward onto the front fork tips one of the first few times I used my lift - I had not yet learned the hit the correct balance point. Needless to emphasize, I have used tie-downs every time it goes onto the lift, since that incident. It scared the willy out of me.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Teaser 1 said:
Quote from Johnnyva:have the all balls in my hands, going in this weekend. Gonna use a grease packer :eek:4: :22yikes: :p
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good eye Teaser! :lol: :lol: :lol:
But, I just want to remind you how dangerous it can be for your sanity,
to pay that close attention to posts on this Forum. :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
You will be very happy with the Traxxion set-up. I just went in for my second fork oil change and the rear shock changed again. It is the best money I have ever spent on my bike. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
check out my bike

You do have to be 18 to read this board, don't you. A second to the motion of I love this board---With all balls, crush washers, grease, beer, what more could anyone ask for while reading this at ----WORK---Jeff

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
Ok let me clear this up, the Traxxion system is the best money I have spent on the bike as far as safety an comfort on the bike goes. To me the bike with the original suspension was harsh to ride and at times unsafe when I would bounce across my lane and into the next.

The work Jon has done for me has been top notch and I have made the ride to Seattle many times and he is the only one I let do the electrical stuff on my bike. I just consider the electrical gadgets as more of a want an not a need really. I do know that NOT having all my gadgets would have made my ride this year a lot tougher and not as much fun.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update

Put the tapered bearings in today, sure was nice to have help and I would not suggest going much farther than the first pictures I posted without help. The job all in all went smooth, 3/8 cold roll works great for removing the races in the neck, and a piece of 1 1/4 schedule 40 pvc with a piece of 2x4 on top to set the bearing on the stem although we had to use a router to ream out the pvs slightly. A big thanks to my friend Craig that came over to help me, he is an excellent mechanic

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.