GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Good job.
Makes me wonder how I could do on my Wing.:lol:

·
Registered
19,464 Posts
I could do that standing on my head

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
But I think he did all that without scrapping anything!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow, I wish I could ride like that.

He did scrape in many of the corners but so what.

The guy was really good.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Reminds me of back in the 1970's when I was on Indianapolis PD. Was on the Motorcycle Drill Team several years. And I will say you can't do that on a Wing.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Just like riding to work....

Those guys are amazing...especially in the south from the all year riding on patrol.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
to be within .5 of a seond on 2 runs...Amazing

·
Registered
42 Posts
He's not all that. I guarantee you I could have hit all the cones and in less time.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I don't think I could walk it with out knocking over at least two cones.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
ride

Not that I even could do that, however, I don't think one could run a wing through that course like that, at those speeds. The officer is a very very good rider.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I, only wish! He's Good.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Not that I even could do that, however, I don't think one could run a wing through that course like that, at those speeds. The officer is a very very good rider.

No, they couldn't, because the 1800 has a longer wheelbase.

Length the course and measurements accordingly and I think it could be done by a couple guys on this forum. No, Not me. But, I would try.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lot easier to do when you ride every day all day. You drop it and someone else writes the check has to make you a little bolder.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Great ride.....

Look where you want to go and the bike will follow....drag a little brake and slip a little clutch....

On the Roadkings we rode, we would take a 3 ft crowbar and knock out the baffles in the stock mufflers....sounded pretty good....

Like any skill, it takes practice...either use it or loose it....

·
Registered
818 Posts
His name is Donnie Williams. He is a motorcycle officer for McKinney Police Department here in Texas. He is one of my good friends and owns the North Texas Motorcycle Safety Course that I teach at. He does a lot of these competitions and wins most. He practices quite a bit, but has a natural talent. One of the trainers for McKinney PD said that he is probably the most gifted rider that he has every trained. He pushes it very hard and has been known to drift the rear wheel in an effort to get a quicker time. I have not seen him attempt the course on a Wing yet, but I have seen him on a Wing exhibiting the same kind of skill. None of us really want to let him use our Wing to do the course. Haha.

·
Registered
686 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts