·
Registered
2,189 Posts
you guys are making my stomach turn :( :(
what a shame :(

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeh, this guy has absolutely the right attitude. Hits home for me, as my Wing is a '06 Dark Red, same as the subject. My '03 was destroyed last december by a come-from-behind pickup truck while I was keeping a sharp eye up forward and on both sides. Never saw him coming. First indication was his screeching tires..dunno how fast he was going but I was doing 45 mph (55 limit) in traffic..then the impact, and my right bag and sundry other parts passing me. Didn't drop the bike, but it was pretty much totalled by Progressive. Let me add to the praise for HRC and their great assistance with towing and suchlike. Very very nice folk to deal with.

Took me 4 months to find a dealer with my Dark Red '06 ABS to replace my '03 IB ABS, and it was truly great to get back on. I have found I am very nervous with cars/etc coming up behind, and, yeh, I do keep an eye out in all directions. He saw me (said so) but he was going too fast to stop. Cops refused to show up. Twice.

Ride long and safe..and we are absolutely targets out there.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
North Florida said:
Cops refused to show up. Twice.
If this was not on private property, I would be interested in why they said they would not show up.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
ronbien said:
North Florida said:
Cops refused to show up. Twice.
If this was not on private property, I would be interested in why they said they would not show up.
Po-dunk area in Florida.
John, did you call county or staties?
The GHP handled Dan's crash last week and he said they were right there.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
The police in Fresno CA. won't respond to an accident unless their are serious injuries. About 3 years ago I was rear ended while in my pickup stopped at a red light. Lots of damage to both vehicles. Called the police and the dispatcher said if their was no bloodshed to call your insurance carrier. That answer really made me feel good.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Cops didnt show up??? Man after all the gunfire from me youd think the swat team would show up, didnt see you ....Some folks shouldnt be driving. Hope you sued the S out him.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
That bike is nothing compared to Dan's. Wait till you see the pics. It will blow you away.

·
Registered
871 Posts
This could have easily turned out differently for the rider....

Is an airbag such a bad idea???

Stay safe,

Lance

1 - 14 of 14 Posts