GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading the story this morning I definitely hope to ride down and check things out sometime.

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is near the Twin Lakes, WI area?
?
Murf i Have never been there and not sure where it might be, there is no town named Red Barn on my wisconsin map. I did send an email to the author asking where it is so hopefully he will reply and if he does I will post the information in this thread.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Just read the story, very funny about the names given to the kids especially the twin sisters who married the twin brothers with the last name Less. :)

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Not 100% sure but think I found the place today, showed the story to one of the three people in the bar today and he read it, he suspects the guy that wrote the article was probably there not recently But more likely about 10 years ago. There actually is no town named Redbarn But everyone just calls the place Redbarn.
its located at the junction of hwy 29 and 63 about 7 miles west of Spring Valley
w4890 state rd 29
Spring Valley Wi 54767
Unfortunately No one there ever heard of the names “Half Full” or “Joy Full” but they did say about 10 years ago the place was very well known for great pie.
I did ask for a phone book to see if the last name Full was in it but the bartender said they didn’t have a phone book.
It was a nice day for a ride, put on about 300 miles With the temperature between 33-41.
if you search for Redbarn Wisconsin on Facebook the place comes up but the pictures are not very current at all, it now has a new steel roof that is green.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Not 100% sure but think I found the place today, showed the story to one of the three people in the bar today and he read it, he suspects the guy that wrote the article was probably there not recently But more likely about 10 years ago. There actually is no town named Redbarn But everyone just calls the place Redbarn.
its located at the junction of hwy 29 and 63 about 7 miles west of Spring Valley
w4890 state rd 29
Spring Valley Wi 54767
Unfortunately No one there ever heard of the names “Half Full” or “Joy Full” but they did say about 10 years ago the place was very well known for great pie.
I did ask for a phone book to see if the last name Full was in it but the bartender said they didn’t have a phone book.
It was a nice day for a ride, put on about 300 miles With the temperature between 33-41.
if you search for Redbarn on Facebook the place comes up but the pictures are not very current at all, it now has a new steel roof that is green.
Me thinks that you may have cleared up the mystery. Good detective work! (y)

Reactions: cycledude

·
Love The DCT
11,810 Posts
w4890 state rd 29
Spring Valley Wi 54767
if you search for Redbarn on Facebook the place comes up but the pictures are not very current at all, it now has a new steel roof that is green.
I see it is called the Red Barn Country Store and Self Service Gas Convenience Store. Don’t see any red but do see a lot of green.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts