GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tightening the hose clamps on the sides of the engine as they started weeping and leaving a stain on the floor :( .

Just looking at the rest of uncovered "bike" and noticed that one nut on the right bank front cylinder header is "gone" :( :( ....finger checked the rest on both sides and 7...yes seven are only finger tight. I am not sure if this is an area that needs retourqing on a routine basis or if the Honda shop had them loose when the frame weld was done.

Either way, something to keep a check on.......

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, that's the way I'm leaning also Red....Colby at Western Honda is getting a call in the morning....

·
Registered
741 Posts
I didn't think they took the headers loose for the weld, only remove the mufflers. Guess I better check mine.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
So which is it? Am I supposed to be checking my head or my nuts?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Weengers asked, 'So which is it? Am I supposed to be checking my head or my nuts?"

You gotta be kidding. You didn't relly ask that, sis you? thanks for the laugh!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and the rest of the story.....

Talked with Colby at Western Honda, who did the reweld, and his response was:

oh yeah, we had alot of them come back with loose nuts, I guess we forgot to call you.

Just crossed Western Honda off the list of acceptable dealers for working on the wing. Then they wanted to charge me for the frekin nut! I'll spend my $$ else where.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
weengers said:
Now that's funny, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

don't need to know how this turned out.. :eek:4:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
weengers said:
I guess you’re OK if you check either one...... Check the one that is more important to you...... But please, don’t turn it into a poll to find out which one is the more popular one to check as I do not want to know……

1 - 9 of 9 Posts