GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
WOW........I'm going riding!!!!!!!!!!! seeya!

·
Registered
19,062 Posts
Wow, that is why I don't ride a 200mph + sportbike
Those guys are quite the athletes

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock: :shock: 8)

Sometimes I wish I could shrink down to about 5'10 just to ride one of them damn things, I could learn some of the skill sets but when yer my size it's a pipedream. :roll:
I used to ride a mean dirtbike back on the farm when I was alot younger, several inches shorter (I was 6'0 when I was 13) and we did the crazy stuff but on dirt or packed stone dust/gravel. :wink:

Those guys in the video are just too much. 8)

:flg:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Those guys are beyond good. What amazes me is how they don't crash more often than they already do. In quite a few clips, you can see the rear tire trying to pass the front while in a corner at, well, I don't know how fast. Just way to fast for my limited skills. lol.

I wonder if the dude in the soundtrack ever found his keys? :lol:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
iwing said:
That was awesome. I loved the different camera angled shots. Any idea on what the soundtrack was?
I believe the first song was from Top Gun and the second is Nickleback (?) "Animals". I'll have to wait for my boys to get home to be sure.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Not bad, but can they ride two up while drinking a hot coffee, talking on the cell phone, find the closest DQ on the GPS, change channels on the Sat radio, chat on the intercom, AND rest their belly on the gas tank WITHOUT leaning forward?

·
Registered
979 Posts
:D :bow: :bow: :yes1: I just wish i had that much skill those GP riders are awsome. :D

G

·
0 Posts
While can't add onto the point already made, did you notice in one of the earlier shots, the rider was riding with only one foot on the pegs (gragging the other one behind him Harley-rider style)?

·
Registered
573 Posts
That was awesome. It gave me tingles. :D Those guys are either fearless or stupid or both. Sliding the rear end into the corner and pulling wheelies coming out. :shock:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
dicepilot said:
iwing said:
That was awesome. I loved the different camera angled shots. Any idea on what the soundtrack was?
I believe the first song was from Top Gun and the second is Nickleback (?) "Animals". I'll have to wait for my boys to get home to be sure.
George, you know your music. That was it. Thanks!

·
Registered
430 Posts
That was awesome. It gave me tingles. Those guys are either fearless or stupid or both. Sliding the rear end into the corner and pulling wheelies coming out.
Not stupid, just the best of the best. Rossi's a favorite and maybe the best ever, but I think Nicky Hayden just might be nipping at his heels.

BTW for slackers like me, we can watch 'em on Tuesdays on the Speed Channel around noontime. For the rest of you, get the 2 disc version of 'Faster'.

p.s. those major wheelies are in celebration, won't see that during the laps (at least not the podium guys)...

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
hmmmmm........

OK lets see here. I am sideways at 150 MPH in a sliding drift and my first thought is I wonder if I can spin the tire and make it smoke while I get it up to 190 or so on this next straightaway? Nope don't think I can or ever could. But by golly I sure do wish I could have done it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ride on and thanks LA nice vid,

Denny

1 - 20 of 35 Posts