GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new zumo 550. Serial number is required to register, but is under the battery. Problem is, cover will not unscrew! Best part is the company of sales offered to give me the serial number.....ya, but it is a new unit and should not be a defect; just mailed it back. Just want to bring this to peoples attention. If it was not for the serial number to register, I would have had it for a long time before trying to open. Cover screw turns CCW forever, but cw a 1/4 turn and it binds up.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Both of my Zumo 550's have the serial numbers on a sticker near the SD card slot underneath the bottom cover. They do not have the serial number under the battery.

You should, of course, be able to remove the battery cover.

Perhaps you have a Zumo 660.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Both of my Zumo 550's have the serial numbers on a sticker near the SD card slot underneath the bottom cover. They do not have the serial number under the battery.

You should, of course, be able to remove the battery cover.

Perhaps you have a Zumo 660.
Same here. Just flip open the bottom cover to see the SN.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought the bottom sticker was the serial number also, but when registering the unit with software site, it pulled up that same number and was listed as something else, with serial number box under it in third place listing. Point made was check any new unit for cover removal, believe they overtorqued the screw at factory. Waiting for replacement now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts