GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08, and have not checked the battery. How hard is it to get to.

Thanks

Bart

M

·
0 Posts
Bart, The first time I checked my battery on my 08 I was suprised how easy it is. Pull the left cover side cover off the bike under the seat and their it is. But be carefull because you will have three rubber gromets that might come off.
During the winter months I will pull the Charging tail through one of the vents in the side cover and put it back on. This way I can hook the Battery Tender charger on it without any chances of scharching the side cover if it is laying in the bench.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Pull the left side cover off and there it is! It's held in place by rubber grommets. The left side refers to you sitting on the bike and is located above the passenger floorboard. When installing the cover, apply a minuscule amount of silicon grease to the grommets.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Bart, The first time I checked my battery on my 08 I was suprised how easy it is. Pull the left cover side cover off the bike under the seat and their it is. But be carefull because you will have three rubber gromets that might come off.
During the winter months I will pull the Charging tail through one of the vents in the side cover and put it back on. This way I can hook the Battery Tender charger on it without any chances of scharching the side cover if it is laying in the bench.
+1 That is what I do works great :coffee1:

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Getting to it is very easy, you didnot say why you needed to get to it. if you are storing it then you need a battery tender. i hook mine up and its left in the bike and still attached

·
Registered
89 Posts
I attached a Battery Tender pig tail to the battery and brought teh end out under the rear crash bar. Its taped in place with clear silicon tape. You don't notice ite there and I can put it on the charger without having to remove the side cover.

·
Registered
453 Posts
While you have the cover off you might tie a small secure tie around the grommets, prevents them from coming off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cool -- silicon grease.....just always spit on mine, always worked and its free. HA!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts