GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a bottom of the line garmin, 200 nivi, walmart 120 bucks, lol being I just got the traxxion upgrade ( they are installing as I type) I bought the garmin and figure what the heck, if it works great, if not, not a big deal, well the little gps does a pretty dang good job of keeping me were I need to be, and has found my brother-in-law's house, traxxion, my hotel, and few other spots so far, lol for what little I spent on her, she is ok, not a lot of features, but keeps headed in the right direction ! So for the folks that do not want to spend an arm and leg for a top of the gps, the little 200 works pretty good ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
You're right, No bells and whistles but straight up good performance . I mean you bought a GPS, not another laptop.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I went cheap too because I actually like the Nav display on the wing and I don't really use it to tell me where to go. I bought a refurbished Garmin 2730 packed with the Sat radio antenna for $325. I was really after the satellite radio and the GPS was gravy. No bluetooth or anything else, but I sure like not having to fiddle with radio stations or mp3 players while on the road.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Getfeetwet.com has the reburb 2730 w/GXM-30 antenna for $225 if anyone else wants a good deal. I bought mine on Ebay for about the same price.

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
Getfeetwet.com has the reburb 2730 w/GXM-30 antenna for $225 if anyone else wan't a good deal. I bought mine on Ebay for about the same price.
That is one of the best deals around. How can you go wrong for $225? Even if you don't ever want to use XM, sell the antenna for $100 and for $125, you have an outstanding GPS that's waterproof. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That is one of the best deals around. How can you go wrong for $225? Even if you don't ever want to use XM, sell the antenna for $100 and for $125, you have an outstanding GPS that's waterproof. :thumbup:
Yeah that's what I thought. I believe TNCharlie or Boxmaker pointed me towards this website. The antenna sells new for the price of the whole deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts