GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All

A few buddies and I will be staying a few days in Chester California in late June. Do any of you have recommendations for nice rides nearby? Or cool towns or things of interest to see? Good places to eat? Especially the little holes in the wall.

They would need to be no more than 6 hour round trip from Chester.

I heard Highway 89 up and over Mount Lassen is supposed to be nice?

What else? We want to stay away from Lake Tahoe because of the traffic.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I like Hwy 20 up the Yuba River through Downieville.
Mt. Lassen for sure.
Hwy 36 from Red Bluff over to Fortuna is a legendary motorcycle road but more than 3 hours.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
take hiway 70 to Butte Valley and back. about 4 hours RT. nice ride.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I like Hwy 20 up the Yuba River through Downieville.
Mt. Lassen for sure.
Hwy 36 from Red Bluff over to Fortuna is a legendary motorcycle road but more than 3 hours.

That would be Hwy 49 along the Yuba River.

Hwy 70 along the Feather River is real nice too.

Ride this for sure https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Che...96c3b5c1c!2m2!1d-121.2319098!2d40.3062736!3e0

LaPorte road is a real treat. The best riding (be sure to ride through Mt. Lassen) will be south of Chester. Can't really go wrong with any of the roads in the high country. If you guys like trains at all there is a cool working train museum (old Union Pacific shop) that is fun to check out for an hour or so in Portola.

Morning Thunder cafe in Quincy is good eats. Everywhere is a whole in the wall up there.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
That would be Hwy 49 along the Yuba River.

Hwy 70 along the Feather River is real nice too.

Ride this for sure https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Che...96c3b5c1c!2m2!1d-121.2319098!2d40.3062736!3e0

LaPorte road is a real treat. The best riding (be sure to ride through Mt. Lassen) will be south of Chester. Can't really go wrong with any of the roads in the high country. If you guys like trains at all there is a cool working train museum (old Union Pacific shop) that is fun to check out for an hour or so in Portola.

Morning Thunder cafe in Quincy is good eats. Everywhere is a whole in the wall up there.

Yes, thanks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again everyone...exactly the type of tips I was hoping to get.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts