GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But .... of course, that didn't prevent me from pulling on the heavy gloves and using the flip-front helmet. Few flakes on lake effect snow coming down from a clear starry sky (6 AM). Thought the drive felt a little slick when I backed out and turned around ... boots must be dirty again.
Down the road, stop sign, across the intersection ... ok, let's go through the gears. Ooooooops ... the back tire just slid sideways ... hmm ... that glistening road ... hmmm ... yep ... ice.
1/4 mile of normal riding ... gingerly do a u-turn on that lovely road ... gingerly ride back home, park the orange popsicle back in the garage, back in the house, take off the riding jacket and boots, change to western boots and a normal jacket ... oops .. need the car keys ... sigh.
20 Minutes late to the gym this morning ... but at least I didn't scuff the OrangeCrush up any. Man .. is that bike a ride or what! Talk about excellent balance and ease of control!
:lol:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Sorry to hear about your slick roads. Clear and cold down here by Ann Arbor. Managed to put some miles on. No other bikes on the road. I don't know why not....made it up to 39 degrees today. :D

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sid ... I turned back yesterday (death wish isn't all that strong these days, LOL) but not this morning ... although I was starting to feel like I shoulda pulled my insulated jeans over my dress pants .... 28 degrees for most of the ride in .... and unless something drastic happens, I'll be zipping through your neck of the woods on my way to Findlay, OH early Thursday morning .... so watch out for Orange Popsicles on the road ... LOL
I too have noticed an absence of bikes on the road ... haven't see a Hawg for weeks and most of the wingers have "winterized" their rides ... whatever the heck that is. Let's see, where did I put that ski attachment for the front wheel .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts